Swaminarayan khichdi is a tasty & healthy recipe who do not eat garlic and onion , also they want to eat tasty food .
- RICE ½ CUP
- TUWAR DAL ¼ CUP
- YELLOW MOONG DAL 1/3 CUP
- SEASONAL VEGETABLES 1.5 CUP CHOPPED ( GREEN PEAS,POTATO,TOMATO,GREEN CHILLY,CARROT,CAULIFLOWER )
- SPICES (HING ½ TSP, HALDI POWDER 1 TSP, HIMALAYAN PINK SALT, WHOLE RED CHILLY 2, BLACK PEPPER 4, CINAMON 2 STICKS, TEJ PATTA 2, RAI ½ TSP, JEERA ½ TSP, CURRY PATTA DRY OR FRESH 4-5 )
- ½ LEMON JUICE
- GHEE 2 TSP
- MIX RICE AND DAL AND WASH 2-3 TIMES .
- HEAT THE COOKER AND ADD GHEE.
- ADD JEERA RAI AND OTHER WHOLE SPICES LIKE RED CHIILY ,BLACK PEPPER,CINAMON,TEJ PATTA AND CURRY PATHA ROAS T LIGHLY ON SLOW FLAME .
- ADD HING AND HALDI POWDER .
- AFTER ONLY SOME SECONDS ADD RICE ,DAL AND CHOPPED VEGETABLES.
- ADD 1.5-2 GLASS OF WATER AND SALT.
- ADD LEMON JUICE AND COVER THE COOKER AND COOK TILL 3 WHISTEL .
NOTE:- 1.DO NOT ADD ONION AND GARLIC IN THIS KHICHDI
2. EAT FRESH AND HOT.
3.IT IS FOR 2-3 PERSON.
How Khichdi Is Good For Health:-
Khichdi is a complete meal because of grains and pulses and vegetables added in it. So it is a balanced meal with good healthy carbs , protien , fibers and vitamins and minerals and littel ghee for good fat.
Rice is a good source of carbs in the Indian diet. it is the main source of energy in many regions like Asam, Bengal, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Manipur, Odisha, etc.
Also rice is very auspious grain in India ,it is main ingredient in prasadam in many temples .
Swaminarayan Khichdi is a Prasad item of Shree Bhagwan Swaminarayan Temple. it is a very tasty , healthy and easy to cook recipe . flavour of it is so rich and mouth watering. you can cook it within 30 minuts, so it is a good option for low calorie nutritious diner.
Thanks & Regards