Multigrain Porridge is a Nutritious and healthy Breakfast dish made by combining Multiple grains. It offers a wholesome and filling start to the day.
· ¼ cup rolled oats
· ¼ cup quinoa
· ¼ cup millet
· ¼ cup Barley
· 3 cups water or milk
· Pinch of salt
· Sweetener of your choice (honey, maple syrup, agave, nectar etc)
· Toppings- fresh fruits , nuts, seeds, cinnamon, etc)
1. Rinse the rolled oats, quinoa, millet and Barley under running water to remove any dirt or impurities.
2. In a saucepan, combine the rinsed grains with water or milk ( or a combination of both) Add a pinch of salt.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid. Allow it to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the grains are cooked and tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Once the grains are cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add your preferred sweetener ( honey, maple syrup, etc.) and stir well to combine.
5. Serve the multi-grain porridge in bowls and add your desired toppings. You can use fresh fruits like sliced bananas, berries, or chopped apples, along with nuts, seeds or a sprinkle of cinnamon for added flavor and texture.
6. Enjoy the warm and nourishing multi-grain porridge as a wholesome breakfast to start your day.